Homeowners everywhere are demanding eco-friendly choices.
Enjoying a green home not only helps protect the environment but will also yield you long-term financial benefits. Here are a few environmentally friendly ideas:
1. It’s a Tankless Job – A tankless water heater may cost more initially but you’ll save money in the long run as water’s only heated when it’s needed.
2. Sunny Side Up – Installing solar panels will cut the cost of your electricity bill, and can contribute to the fight against global warming.
3. Breathe Easy – Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are emitted from building materials such as cabinets, carpet and paint and are detrimental to our health. Improve your air quality by using VOC alternatives.
4. Hug a Tree – Cork, reclaimed wood and bamboo are all environmentally friendly flooring options. The carpet industry is also starting to meet the needs of eco-conscious buyers by using recycled materials and natural fibres.
5. Add-Ons – Consider the environmental impact of your choices when adding extra rooms by insulating the walls and strategically placing windows to take advantage of the sun’s heat.
6. Reuse & Repurpose – Using salvaged and reclaimed building materials for your renovations will add unique style and function to your home while saving the planet and your pocketbook.
Buyers are looking for greener alternatives so making these kinds of changes will help down the road when you’re looking to sell.
Used with the Permission of:
Ed Mercer | Home Inspector
Pillar to Post